Washington Higher Education Residency Affidavit/Declaration/Certification

  • Effective July 1, 2003, Washington state law changed the definition of "resident student." The law makes certain students eligible for resident students status - and eligible to pay residents tuition rates - when they attend public colleges and universities in this state. The law does not make these students eligible to receive need-based state or federal financial aid. To qualify for resident status, students must complete this affidavit/declaration/certification if they have met the following conditions:
    • Resided in Washington State for three (3) years immediately prior to receiving a high school diploma, and completed the full senior year at a Washington high school;
    • or
    • Completed the equivalent of a high school diploma and resided in Washington State for the three (3) years immediately before receiving the equivalent of the diploma;
    • and
    • Continuously resided in the State since earning the high school diploma or its equivalent.
    • I certify or declare under penalty or perjury under the laws of the State of Washington that the foregoing is true and correct.